The UK Tier 1 Investor Visa is one of the fastest and most secure ways to obtain UK residency - within 10 weeks! Later on, you and your dependants are eligible to apply for UK citizenship. British dual citizenship is one of the most desirable citizenships in the world, and no wonder why!
Why Choose The United Kingdom?
The UK is made up Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) and Northern Ireland plus a large number of inhabited and uninhabited islands, the main ones being the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man, Anglesey, the Channel Islands, The inner and Outer Hebrides, and the Orkneys. The UK is a constitutional monarchy, and parliamentary democracy, situated on the western edge of the continent of Europe. It is a member of the European Union, and the G7 Group of Countries, but not the Eurozone, or the Schengen Area. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is head of state and also of 16 other Commonwealth nations.
The UK has a long and influential history in all aspect of modern life – economics, finance, culture, art, education, etc. The British Empire was the greatest empire in the history of the world, in terms of territory covered. England is known as the Mother of Parliaments. The City of London is one of the world’s major financial centers. The banking system is well established and stable.
The UK’s population is approximately 64.5 million. The population is, typically, well educated and highly skilled. English is the national language but several other languages are also spoken. The UK’s economy is projected to be the 5th largest in the world in 2016. In 2014 its economy grew faster than any other in both the G7 and the other major European economies.
Tier 1 Investor Visa – Qualifications and Conditions
Holders of this visa must have invested at least £2 million UK government bonds, share or loan capital in active and trading UK-registered companies (excluding companies primarily involved in property investment, management or development).
Applicants may apply for citizenship when the hold approved investments for the following periods:
- Invest £2 million, and apply after 5 years
- Invest £5 million, and apply after 3 years
- Invest £10 million, and apply after 2 years
In addition, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Prove that the funds personally belong to you, your spouse or your established partner (in a relationship of at least 2 years)
- The funds must be currently held in one or more approved financial institutions (the institutions can be outside of the UK at the time the visa is applied for
- Have a recognized UK bank account
- Be outside of the UK to apply for the visa
- Be economically self-sufficient
Applicant’s Family Members
Family members (spouse, civil partner, dependent children under 18 years of age) may apply at the same time as the primary applicant.
Application Process and Fees
The application process is straightforward and speedy. The Investor visa is valid for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months, after which time it must be renewed for another 2 years.
- Applicants may submit their forms online or by mail up to 3 months before coming to the UK
- The processing time is approximately 21 days, depending on the applicant’s present place of domicile
- Visas are normally issued 8 weeks after approval, or sooner by paying for the ‘super premium service’
- The immigration authority reserves the right to a personal interview, if additional clarification is needed but this is not typical
- An application may include up to 4 ‘main applicants’ (those with access to the investment funds) and up to 10 applicants in total
- Required documents must be in English or Welsh (with certified translated copies if appropriate) and must include:
A current passport or other valid travel documents
Birth, marriage, adoption certificates as appropriate
A recent passport-sized color photograph, and fingerprints taken at an approved visa application center
Proof of a clean criminal record for all adult (over 18) applicants from any country in which they have lived in the previous 10 years
Evidence of the required investment funds, where they are held, the source of funds if less than 3 months, and confirmation that they can be transferred to the UK and converted into pounds sterling (unless they are already in the UK)
Legally attested confirmation from anyone who has joint ownership of the funds that they transfer control to the primary applicant
A tuberculosis test result depending on the applicant’s current place of domicile
- The regular fee for each applicant and each dependent is £1,500
- Applicants choosing the ‘super premium service’ pay a one-off fee of £7,000 plus a processing fee for each applicant and dependent of £1,900
- Each applicant and dependent also pay a healthcare surcharge, the amount varies according to personal circumstance, and may be zero
UK Citizenship Qualifications and Fees
Once citizenship has been granted, previous holders of Tier Visas do not need to maintain their investments or run their business. They are also free to seek employment with an organization that they do not own.
The qualifications required for Tier 1 visa holders to attain naturalization are:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be of good character – proof that the applicant has not been involved in serious or recent criminal activity, not attempted to deceive the Home Office, and not been involved in any immigration offences during the previous 10 years
- Been granted indefinite leave to remain (ILR) no less than 12 months ago
- Continue to be physically present in the for the previous 5 years UK
- Spent no more than a total of 450 days outside the UK during the previous 5 years and
- Spent no more than 90 days outside of the UK in the previous 12 months
- Meet the knowledge of English and ‘Life in the UK’ standards
Qualified citizenship applicants may also apply for citizenship on behalf of their dependent children, if they also satisfy eligibility requirements (other than proficiency in the English language).
All fees must be paid in advance. Fees to be paid by adult applicants are:
- Naturalization Application and Process - £1,005
- Naturalization Ceremony - £80