Ireland’s Golden Visa Program is highly sought after by investors worldwide. It is an accessible program with reasonable requirements, a secure investment, and many benefits. Further, there are a myriad of advantages to securing residency and citizenship in Ireland. Intrigued? We’ve highlighted a snapshot of the key benefits below:
Benefits of the Ireland Golden Visa Program
- Minimal residency requirement – 1 day per calendar year
- No requirement to learn English
- Full Stamp 4 visa provided for 5 years and renewed every 5 years, even after the investment period is closed and the investor's money is returned
- Secure investment – refunded in full after 5 years
- Discount for Education Expenses
- Can lead to securing full Irish citizenship if the applicant fulfills all of the necessary requirements
Top 5 Benefits of Residency and Citizenship in Ireland
- Part of the European Union, the Irish economy is the fastest growing in the Eurozone and is the 6th most competitive economy in the world
- Ireland has been named the best country in the world for attracting high-value foreign direct investment for six years in a row
- Only English-speaking country in the Eurozone – and, following Brexit, the only English-speaking country in Europe
- Ireland is part of the EU, yet has a Common Travel Area agreement with the UK, meaning that Irish passport holders can travel, work, and study in the UK, giving them the best of both worlds.
- Ireland’s education system is amongst the top 10 globally
- Excellent health care
- The youngest population in Europe with one third under 25 years of age and almost half the population under the age of 34
- Irish passport is one of the most powerful in the world with visa-free access to 172 countries
- Ranked by Forbes magazine as one of the best countries for businesses of all sizes
- Considered one of the top 10 most innovative countries
- Economy driven by a variety of sectors, including financial services, the alcoholic beverage industry, aircraft leasing, engineering, Information and communications technology (ICT)
- Home to many of the world’s leading high-performance companies including Intel, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Pfizer, Citi, Huawei, Takeda, Fujitsu, Novartis, Trend Micro
- Corporate tax rate is 12.5%
- Tax treaties with 73 countries
- Well-educated and adaptable workforce
- One of the top countries in the world for GDP growth
- First in the world for investment incentives
- Maximum protection of investor funds for the Golden Visa by following a conservative, low-risk loan investment policy.
Discount for Education Expenses
Investors who plan to educate themselves or their family members in Irish higher education institutions can take advantage of a discount on their investment. The following conditions apply:
- Investors can discount their approved investment with eligible education expenses that they commit to incur within the first five years after their permission has been granted
- The education expenses must be for an Irish University or Institute of Technology
- The expenses must be for the investor and/or their family member who has been accepted on an academic programme in one of the above educational institutions
- The expenses must be indicated as part of the application process
- The maximum discount is €50,000.
There’s no question that residency and citizenship in Ireland can open up a world of benefits for investors when it comes to lifestyle, business, and financial security.
To learn more about the Ireland Golden Visa Program and apply, please contact us today.