The Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program is one of the fastest in the world with many unique benefits. However, this program is slated to close at the end of 2021, which means that any interested investors should begin the application process as soon as possible.
The Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program was launched at the beginning of 2019 with the goal to bolster the economy, support public projects, and develop the tourism sector. The Government has agreed to accept up to 2,000 applications over a 3-year period, which began on January 1, 2019.
Benefits of the Montenegro Citizenship Program
- Fast procedure. Residency within 3 weeks and approval of citizenship within 6 months
- Dependents under 18 years of age are eligible for citizenship
- No language requirements
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality
- NATO Member
- Candidate country for future expansion of the EU, expected by 2025
- E-2 Treaty Program between Montenegro and the United States allows citizens of Montenegro to reside and work in the U.S. under an E-2 Investor Visa
- Global mobility with visa-free access to 116 countries, including Schengen area
- Strategic geographical location in Europe with direct access to Adriatic Sea
- Porto Montenegro; one of the world’s finest yachting marinas
- An outstanding holiday destination
General Requirements of the Program
Foreign investors and family members will need to meet specific criteria in order to qualify for the Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program. The general rule is that an applicant should be solvent enough to make the required investment and the contribution, pay the associated government and due diligence fees, and be able to support their dependents. All applicants must be of excellent health, outstanding character and have a clean criminal record.
Qualifying family members include:
- Spouse – a person of the opposite sex to whom the applicant is legally married
- Children (whether by blood or adopted) provided that the main applicant has legal custody over the child. Children over the age of 18 qualify if they are financially dependent on the main applicant
The Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program offers two different real estate investment options:
- €250,000 in approved properties located in the undeveloped northern region of Montenegro;
- €450,000 in approved properties in the developed regions (coastline and the capital city of Podgorica).
- In addition to the principal investment, applicants must make a non-refundable contribution of €100,000 to a state fund.
The aforementioned investment requirements apply to each family, regardless of the number of applicants.
The investment must be kept for a period of 5 years.
The Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program is only open until the end of 2021, so we highly recommend interested investors move quickly! Contact us today for more information or to get the application process started.